Monday, August 10, 2009

Taxol, Aloxi, Decadron...Benadryl?

Mmhmm, good old Benadryl is on the list of drugs Janie had to take today. So it was a lovely morning (8:00 - 12:30) of Taxol (chemo), Aloxi (for nausea), Decadron (nausea), and Benadryl is supposed to prevent other side effects. And can you believe its working? Janie is actually feeling pretty well as of 6:30! They prescribed Compazine for nausea during the week and - here's the fun part - she has to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of liquid a day for the next 2-3 days...to clean out all the toxic stuff.

Remember the goofy old movie, The Fantastic Voyage, where scientists shrunk a submarine and themselves and drove around inside this human body to kill the thing or catch the monster or save the girl or something? I can't help but wonder what they'd see inside of Janie...I'm thinking they'd probably find a hospital owner and a drug company president (with his Ferrari) and Barak Obama smoking cigars and playing poker.

They said she will probably need to rest a lot, since
all the drugs can make her tired and also they said the rest of her hair should fall out because of the Taxol. I'm still praying against it though. So far Janie has lots of energy. Actually, she talked the nurses' ears off the whole time today - the effect of the LARGE dose of steroids last night and this morning - so the jittery effect has worked in her favor so far. However, her voice is pretty hoarse now............

It's pretty amazing to me that Janie is feeling as well as she is...she felt pretty rotten for all of the Spring, so praise God for today and please keep praying!

This verse is hanging on our bathroom wall, so I read it every day:

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. Hey - did I cross stitch that for your bathroom? I'm pretty sure I did. (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete

Comment