Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Fair

We've never really been "Fair" people. Meaning we're not really go-to-the-Fair-and-eat-artery-clogging-fried-dough-and-over-pay-to-play-carnival-games-you-can't-win-for-stuffed-animals-you-can't-sell-at-the-yard-sale people. I suspect that America's land-fills are in trouble because of giant styrofoam-pellet-filled Magilla Gorilla carnival prizes. But Carly begged and we finally caved in because it was get-in-for-a-buck night. Plus her cousin Anna was there to keep her in line.

So we texted Becca at college: Hey, we're at the Fair...here's a picture.

She texts back: MY MOTHER LET CARLY GO TO THE DIRTY FAIR? I LEAVE AND ALL OUR STANDARDS GO DOWN THE DRAIN I SEE. :)

We text back: we love Carly more.

Becca: Hahahaha well have lots of fun and use lots o Purell.

Ok, so we have germ issues. I'd like to take Kim Winters' suggestion and fill a Super-Soaker with Purell and hose down most of the crowd. But that's not very loving I suppose.

This year *sniff* Till We Have Faces did not play at the Fair as they had for the last two years. It felt funny to be there as 'civilians' and not as participants. However, The Skys from Prince Edward
island were there...Celtic style gospel music complete with clogging. Worth checking out.

We bumped into lots of dear friends too. I think Rose is stalking us...we saw you like 50 times Rose, and you bear-hugged Janie each time. Every life needs a Rose. Lyandon and Kim, congratulations on the arrival of Charlotte! She's beautiful!

Also thanks to our niece Anna for the super top-notch cellphone picture.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you went to the fair this year! So good to see you!!!
    Haha~ I got hugs from my mom each time I ran into her too! She got a hug and cotton candy from me :-) Can't say I abstained from fair food. Job and I got fried dough, candy apples and cotton candy. An unusual delicacy in my diet :-)
    Janie, you looked beautiful! Purple is a great color for you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comment