Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Janie Update from 12-9-09

Here's a note from Janie that she sent to our email/prayer list - updating friends about her latest developments:

Thanks for tuning in again!  My follow-up chest x-ray showed no change so we are going to watch and wait.  This involves taking a strong cough medicine (my new best friend) and having periodic x-rays maybe once a week to make sure things are staying the same.  Of course there's always the "if you get short of breath or are in pain go straight to the emergency room" advice.  Which I was given.  I am trying not to be aware of every breath that I take!

In other news, I also had a full work-up of x-rays of pretty much all the bones in my body.  There is a questionable spot on my pelvis so they thought it might be wise to check the other bones, too.  We aren't bothering to plug the Christmas tree in - I shall be the
glowing inspiration around the house!

I go back in on Monday and hopefully just have a routine treatment.  Don't worry - I'll keep you informed!  I was glad I just came across this quote I had written down once upon a time:  If there were any place better for you than the one in which you find yourself, Divine Love would have placed you there. Charles Spurgeon   So I guess I am right where I should be.  Thanks for all your prayers!  Love, Janie

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" Ephesians 3:17-21

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chris, thank Janie for her words of trust and the blessing of that quote from Spurgeon. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Comment