Monday, December 28, 2009

Janie Update 12-28-09

Here is the text of an email that Janie sent out tonight...we'd of course crave your prayers and thank you all so much in advance!





The Day Has Come And It Is Tomorrow!

Happy Almost New Year Everyone!

I am still trying to get through this one! So, I innocently went to my regularly scheduled appointment this morning for a nice breakfast of chemo, radiation, and chest x-ray. It's the first time I had chemo AND radiation at the same time! I just wheeled my IV pole right into the radiation room and away we went! Got my chest x-ray last. Just a follow-up to make sure everything was A-ok! Hahahahahahahah!

My surgeon (we're not actually on a first name basis but I did get a personal phone call from him. . .) called at about 2:15 this afternoon to say that my right lung has collapsed about 30% and he'd like me to meet him in a treatment room tomorrow morning at 10:30. Eek! So I will have the chest tube after all. I really feel like
just curling up by the pellet stove and cry great heaving sobs of despair. It would probably make me feel better for a moment, give me a migraine, and I'd still have to go tomorrow morning at 10:30! So I have opted to trust that the Lord orchestrated this for a reason and I'm trying not to give the devil a foothold.

I am disappointed because our family and Till We Have Faces have planned a New Year's Eve worship night full of songs, Scripture reading, communion, and a great Louie Giglio DVD called How Great is Our God. I don't need a tube sticking out of my chest! I need energy! Which I know the Lord will provide as He has done so many times in the past.

I just finished reading a book by Francis Chan, Forgotten God, and I've loved it! I would urge everyone to read it, along with Tozer's The Counselor. Both excellent books on the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, Chan says:

"It really is an astounding truth that the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you. He lives in me. I do not know what the Spirit will do or where He'll lead me each time I invite Him to guide me. But I am tired of living in a way that looks exactly like people who do not have the Holy Spirit of God living in them. I want to consistently live with an awareness of His strength. I want to be different today from what I was yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit becomes more manifest in me." pg 37.

Thank you for your prayers in advance. This would be so much harder if you weren't behind us!

P.S. If you click on the purple words they link you to more information!

Love, Janie

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment