Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy To Get The Bible

I saw a girl at youth group kick her bible. Not a Beckham-like drop-kick across the room or anything, but she did give it a firm 'skootch' across the floor a little ways. What bugged me was that she touched a Bible with her feet. Scripture. God-breathed. The very words of God. With her feet.

Contrast that to these people:



The Kimyal People Receive the New Testament from UFM Worldwide on Vimeo.

God's word is precious. A greater treasure than any shiny plastic thing the internet has to offer, from Amazon to Zappos.

From Psalm 119:

33 Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!

In your righteousness preserve my life.

1 comment:

  1. I love that part at the end where they quoted Revelation. Every tribe a language! Yeah! Thanks for the great reminder. Muslims treat the Koran with more respect than Christian do the Bible usually. That's one of the turn-offs to Christianity that Muslims have, I have heard. They would never even put their book on the floor.
    So. Interesting.
    We have friends who also finished their translation of the NT in New Guinea las year. They are with Wycliff. 25 years it took them! A life's work. Amazing. Your video looked a lot like theirs - I thought it was theirs at first!!
    Thanks for writing. I always love to see a new post.

    ReplyDelete

Comment