Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Janie's Last Journal Part 22

Janie's final entries in her journal...continued (read what this is about here.)

******

Well, here we are, 22 posts later, at the end of Janie's journal. Thanks for reading them with me. As you can see, her focus on the Lord became acute as she continued walking by faith through her struggle right to the end.




I love that these are her very last written words:

"The Lord challenges us to suffer persecutions and to confess Him. He wants those who belong to Him to be brave and fearless. He Himself shows how weakness of the flesh is overcome by the courage of the Spirit. This is the testimony of the apostles and in particular of the representative, administrating Spirit. A Christian is fearless. - Forgotten God, Francis Chan (quoting Tertullian) p.45

3 comments:

  1. Chris, I love that these are her last written words as well. Thank you so much for sharing all of these with all of us. It gives me courage to persevere not any suffering in the body, but the tedium of a day and to chose the path of adventure while I can. Her life had meaning and she gave to the end, even of herself in writing her heart in her journal. I also love that her handwriting looks the same as always here - it didn't get weak and scratchy-looking. I can't wait to read your book. :) Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks Carol. "A Christian is Fearless." Janie strove to live up to that, and I want too also. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss seeing a new post here this morning. I guess kind of like you miss seeing her this morning, every morning, even a year later. I love you, my brother!

    ReplyDelete

Comment